Adam Cogan is the Chief Architect at SSW, a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner specializing in custom .NET, SharePoint and CRM solutions (with a splash of Business Intelligence). At SSW, Adam has been developing custom solutions for businesses across a range of industries such as Government, engineering, banking, insurance and manufacturing since 1990 for clients such as Microsoft, Worley Parsons and Aurecon.
At SSW, Adam enjoys working with the teams, improving their usage of Scrum and TFS, reviewing the architecture of large .NET projects, while also taking an active interest in the overall User Experience (UX).
Some of Adam's project highlights have been:
- Being lead developer on Australia's first live ASP.NET site - using a version that was pre Beta 1.
- Developing the SQL Reporting Services and Exchange Server samples for Microsoft that turned into a hugely popular Exchange Reporting Tool. Giving the first BI solutions on Exchange Server Data.
- Being the Chief Architect on the SharePoint site for Worley Parsons which was the largest public facing site at the time (it used the built in Web Content Management features, proving the SharePoint Platform for all companies).
Being the Product Owner for SSW's SharePoint implementation.
- Being the TFS MVP of the year, proving his leadership in demonstrating the value of the ALM tools.
Adam is one of only three Microsoft Regional Directors in Australia. In this role, he regularly presents in conferences such as TechEd (USA, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Malaysia). A couple of times a year, he visits Microsoft headquarters in Seattle to learn the latest on Microsoft strategic directions and to undertake training in development technologies. His favourite Microsoft teams that he loves to work with are Brian Harry's TFS team and Jeff Teper's SharePoint team.
In addition Adam is a regular speaker at the SSW User Group and conferences, including:
- Microsoft Tech Ed in USA (a highlight being a highly rated joint session with Billy Hollis), Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia
- Microsoft Tech Ed in Malaysia, New Zealand and Australia (a highlight being #4 (of 90) rated speaker in NZ after a bad sheep joke!)
- Microsoft Roadshows
- SSW's BrainQuest: TFS and SharePoint
- Dev Days Australia wide
- VS Live Australia and Chicago
- IDC Conferences South Africa and SGW Forum's DevCons
- Code Camp Australia, New Zealand Los Angeles and San Diego
- SQL Code Camp Australia and New Zealand
- Lecturer at University of Technology, Sydney
In his spare time, Adam runs the Microsoft .NET User Group in Sydney, is the chair of the Speaker Bureau of the APAC INETA organization and is actively involved in the regional INETA management process.
Made in Australia and China
8 years ago Adam took SSW beyond Australia. Today all SSW developers work closely with the Beijing Team. SSW develops high quality software with high performing teams for the US and Australian markets.
Adam loves to spend time working on his Rules pages, and his favourite quote is "There is always free cheese in a mousetrap".
Figure: Well all rules are meant to be broken :-) Figure: Adam has spoken at user groups/conferences in these countries Figure: Adam is a proud "Bondi Iceberg" every Sunday throughout the winter, rain, hail or shine!
"He is the closest thing to a Geek rock star"